Friday, December 30, 2011

The Excuse

When I got home from school yesterday

I wanted something to drink.

I found a penguin in the freezer

And a turtle in the sink.



This can’t be for real, I thought

Someone’s messing with my head.

I saw a boa in my bath tub

And an alligator in my bed.



My house was all in shambles

My room was all a mess

There was even a gorilla

Wearing my mother’s Sunday dress.



I simply couldn’t believe it,

While I was away at school,

Giraffes were playing basketball

And there were zebras in the pool.



I tried to call the police.

I even called the Pound.

What was I supposed to do,

With all those animals runnin’ ‘round?



Koalas were in the cabinets

And Llamas on the lawn.

A Python in the pantry,

The list goes on and on.



So, teacher please believe me

‘cause all of this is true

I couldn’t do my homework

MY HOUSE WAS LIKE A ZOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment